Wednesday 10 August 2011

Thing 6 - Online Networks

I signed up to LinkedIn in a hurry one day, in an attempt to locate the e-mail address of a former colleague, only to find I couldn't access that information. Thanks to cpd23, I have finally added a profile in my account, and have doubled my contacts over-night - I only had three, so that sounds a lot ore impressive than it really is. They are all people I was at University with, and have as friends on Facebook. No library people as yet, but I hope that after the New Zealand Law Librarians' Association (NZLLA) Symposium in two weeks time that I will have a few more contacts to add. I have decided that LinedIn is the only online network I am going to sign up to. I have difficulty in keeping up with what I have signed up to already, and at present, these tools are not contributing to my professional life in any real way - other than as a good way of recording my progress with cpd23. I realise that this will take time. If they become more beneficial further down the track, I can sign up to some of the others later.

My "What now" tasks are to add a more recent photo to all of my profiles and add to my LinkedIn profile in time for the NZLLA Symposium. I would also like to look at some more of the cpd23 blogs. I am hopeful that I will be able to see how effective and useful twitter can be at the Symposium, although I suspect it might be too small a setting to take full advantage.


No comments:

Post a Comment